Welcome to Social Studio
At Social Studio, we teach people to see people through art.
This is the place to explore, engage, express, expand, exchange, and empower! Social Studio is the place where you can discover what art excellence means to you.
While creating art, you’ll also create confidence, collaboration, connection, compassion, and community.
Social Studio is an arts academy where the community creates, and in turn, creating community. How can your commitment to your own creative process create positive social change?
Social Studio offers …
- Our members the time, materials, and space they need to grow as artists and as people.
- The ability to experience art excellence. Art excellence encourages empathy. Empathy encourages a better understanding of self and others.
- Opportunities to develop our art skills and appreciation.
Our approach & beliefs …
- Each experience provides multiple entry points so that each artist has opportunities for creative problem solving and taking risks.
- We believe the way we talk to each other and to ourselves matters.
- We learn from the teacher, the materials, other students, and ourselves through reflective practices.
- We cultivate a discipline of seeing, not judging.
- We provide helpful feedback for individual development
- We place emphasis on celebrating diverse and meaningful outcomes.
What we’ll create …
- Empathy and connection through your creative process.
- Confidence from taking risks and trying new things.
- An exchange of verbal and visual ideas.
- Positive interaction with others that promotes positive action in our communities.
- Opportunities to discover your passions.
- A positive & progressive mindset.
What our students (and parents) have to say
It’s so much more than an art class. She had them engaging with science, nature and geography. They were singing songs. My daughter was bubbling over with pride after class. When she draws with us she is easily discouraged that she can’t draw like an adult. With social studio the projects are age appropriate and she is able to engage with peers. As a fellow arts educator I’m super impressed.
Love that it was interactive. I wasn't sure if my daughter would be allowed to talk during the class because of the size but, she was able to talk and show her art work. I was very impressed. The teacher is very enthusiastic and you can tell she genuinely loves her job.
Lila has absolutely loved this class! Being exposed to different types of media and techniques while getting to explore an inspiring artist has been a wonderful experience for her. Genie is awesome and — even at a (Social) distance — has built a relationship with all of the students and a sense of camaraderie. What a fabulous experience!
Go to Social Studio Baltimore for all your kid and adult art making needs! R made this treehouse playground in a mere two hours this morning. Genie Arnot is such an amazing teacher and she has put together a beautiful studio that makes art accessible to everyone.
Genie, congrats on accomplishing a such meaningful feat. With art, we can feel the ground move beneath our feet and the air more oxygenated. You’ve given the community a dedicated place to grow and daydream. You’re amazing!! Go on!
Social Studio Enthusiast
You taught me negative space, how to draw faces and many more really cool things! Most of all you showed me how to connect to other people and things and that is really powerful.
Being a student in your class is a gift that we are so thankful for.
I could not let this year end without telling you how grateful I am that you were Avelynn's art teacher for four years. She sees herself as an artist and a problem solver because you expect them all to be.
Thank you for being a wonderful art teacher! I loved art classes with you!
Subscribe to our Newsletter to stay in the know on the latest offerings.
Or Call: (443) 449-6142